Completing the SREG 1.1 specification

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 07:28:16 UTC 2008

I agree that it's not ideal to have both, and in an ideal world everyone
would use AX, but currently SREG seems to be more widely deployed than
AX. This working group proposal was motivated not by some desire to
needlessly perpetuate SREG but rather by actual real-world interop
problems I've had to deal with as an implementer.

As long as folks still want to implement SREG, I think it's beneficial
to have a specification that actually works in practice, which the
current draft does not.