OpenID/Oauth hybrid [was Re: specs Digest, Vol 27, Issue 3]

Breno de Medeiros breno at google.com
Fri Nov 14 04:32:17 UTC 2008

I changed my mind on this one.

A. The fact that scopes are not standardized in OAuth today does not
mean that in the future *some* scopes (e.g., related to portable
contacts) may be standardized.

B. The consumer key is an intrinsic identifier of the party requesting
association and probably should be included, with the realm, in the
association request (if available).

There is no need, however, to include any additional information in
the authentication request. The consumer key can be bound to the
association handle.

--
--Breno

+1 (650) 214-1007 desk