Login Federation

McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) James.McGovern at thehartford.com
Fri Feb 15 20:53:00 UTC 2008

 Wouldn't this take the user out of the middle? I would think this would
be bad at some level.

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:31:40 -0800
From: Brett Carter <brett at rdnzl.net>
Subject: Login Federation
To: specs at openid.net

I've dug around a bit, and haven't found anything, so I thought I'd ask
here.  Is any work being done on adding some sort of federated login for
open id?  By 'federated' I simply mean that signing into my open id
provider, this automatically signs me into all my open id enabled sites
(of my choice) at once.

I have a few ideas I'd like to kick around if somebody isn't already
working on this.  If so, please feel free to point me in the right
direction.
-Brett

End of specs Digest, Vol 18, Issue 8

destroy all copies.