OpenID/Oauth hybrid [was Re: specs Digest, Vol 27, Issue 3]

Breno de Medeiros breno at google.com
Wed Dec 3 00:43:24 UTC 2008

Interesting point, and probably worth adding to a security portion of the spec.

I would say though, that is bad security hygiene to share the same
consumer key between your web and desktop apps. Since we can't vouch
for consumer keys stored in desktop apps anyway, I would volunteer
that the most sensible thing is to have empty consumer keys in that
case (and warn users that we can't vouch for the origin of the
request).

--
--Breno

+1 (650) 214-1007 desk