Email Address to URL Transformation

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:30:36 UTC 2008

You can find out more information about EAUT and Emailtoid here:
http://eaut.org/
http://emailtoid.net

The specification is available here:

http://eaut.org/specs/1.0/

We do hope to turn this into an extension to OpenID as it attempts to
directly address the criticism about OpenID that people don't tend to think
of themselves as "URLs" but instead identify themselves by "email
addresses". I wrote more about this here (for context):

http://factoryjoe.com/blog/2008/06/22/announcing-emailtoid-mapping-email-addresses-to-openids/

Chris

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 9:19 PM, <sakimura at gmail.com> wrote:

> Formal answer is "no".
>
> I think Vidoop will eventually propose to form a working group on this
> eventually, but that is only my guess.
>
> =nat
>
> On 8/13/08, Arshad Khan <arshad.khan at channel321.com> wrote:
> > Does OpenID 2.0 support 'Email Address to URL Transformation (EAUT)?
> >

> > There is some info on this page of what EAUT is:
> >

> > http://blog.vidoop.com/archives/139
> >

> > Has Vidoop developed this outside OpenID 2.0 framework?
> >

> > Thanks.
> >

> > Arshad
> >

> --
> Nat Sakimura (=nat)
> http://www.sakimura.org/en/

Chris Messina
Citizen-Participant &
Open Source Advocate-at-Large
factoryjoe.com # diso-project.org
citizenagency.com # vidoop.com
This email is: [ ] bloggable [X] ask first [ ] private