No subject

Fri Aug 15 23:49:43 UTC 2008

but not exand,
it would be better to get it in the scope at the beginning. That's why I
have put it there.

We can always drop it later.

=nat

--
Nat Sakimura (=nat)
http://www.sakimura.org/en/

------=_Part_9659_33446725.1229468477565

&gt; Hi Breno,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I am hoping that the core spec will define public key based signature.<br>
&gt; If it is done, CX is going to use it.<br>
&gt; Dsig thing in the CX proposal is there just for the sake if it did not make<br>
&gt; it into the core spec because it absolutely is a MUST for CX.<br>
&gt; (Although, from the modularity point of view, it might be better to define<br>
&gt; dsig separately and reference it from the core spec.)<br>
point by how you structure your deliverables.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =nat<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Hi Nat,<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; I see that as part of your scope you are discussing an OpenID D-Sign<br>
&gt;&gt; deliverable. Is this really necessary?<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; For instance, the XRD 1.0 spec (which at this point is planned for<br>
&gt;&gt; incorporation into the OpenID spec by reference) will introduce a<br>
&gt;&gt; signature scheme for trust purposes. That will mean that a &nbsp;a D-Sig<br>
&gt;&gt; algorithm will be part of the core spec.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; There is also some speculation that OpenID will support OAuth style<br>
&gt;&gt; signatures &nbsp;(which include a public-key variant) for harmonization. If<br>
&gt;&gt; that happens there would be _two_ public-key signature schemes as part<br>
&gt;&gt; of the core spec.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; I understand the public-key signatures is a core requirement for a<br>
&gt;&gt; trust specification. &nbsp;But I doubt there is a reason to re-invent such<br>
&gt;&gt; a scheme. Signature schemes are supposed to be somewhat generic, not<br>
&gt;&gt; purpose-specific. We should try to specify only a few of them, and<br>
&gt;&gt; probably the place to do that is the core OpenID spec.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; Thanks David,<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; I have put the CX page onto it.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; Regards,<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; =nat<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; We now have a wiki page for Working Groups!<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; I&#39;ve listed the current PAPE WG as well as the groups that I know have<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; been proposed. &nbsp;I&#39;ve also filled in the draft charter for the Auth 2.1<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; group at <a href="http://wiki.openid.net/Working_Groups:Auth_2.1" target="_blank">http://wiki.openid.net/Working_Groups:Auth_2.1</a>.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; If you&#39;re wanting to see a WG happen, please take this time to fill in<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; it&#39;s draft charter so that members of this list can review it. &nbsp;My<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; goal would be to have all four of the proposed groups ready to be<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; voted on by the Foundation Membership during the same period as the<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Board election -- one week from today -- so that they can all be<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; created within the next two weeks.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; If you need help writing a charter, I&#39;m happy to help.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; --David<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; specs mailing list<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; --<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; Nat Sakimura (=nat)<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; specs mailing list<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; --<br>
&gt;&gt; --Breno<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; +1 (650) 214-1007 desk<br>
&gt;&gt; +1 (408) 212-0135 (Grand Central)<br>
&gt;&gt; MTV-41-3 : 383-A<br>
&gt;&gt; PST (GMT-8) / PDT(GMT-7)<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>