Using email address as OpenID identifier

Holger Baxmann holger at baxmann.com
Mon Apr 7 21:55:27 UTC 2008

What about having an ENUM e164.org record holding not only the IP of
an SIP-Broker, but the OpenID ID. Whatever format and syntax it might
have.

The appropriate IETF RFC 2916  "E.164 number and DNS" could provide
not only mangling with eMail addresses but also with telephone
numbers: this will provide much more fun !

But seriously: mixing the POTS numbering system with the now good old
internet identification could be a in place solution, IMHO.

2ct
.bax