OpenID and Yahoo

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Wed Apr 2 15:43:09 UTC 2008

On 2-Apr-08, at 6:28 AM, McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) wrote:
> Does anyone have a perspective on Yahoo and AOL and their weak support
> for OpenID? It is good that they are a provider, but shouldn't they
> really also allow access based on an OpenID issued by signon.com,
> myvidoop.com and others...

I would be much more interested in them supporting Attribute Exchange
so that their users data could easily be consumed by other sites.

This topic was recently covered by TechCrunch[1] and I responded [2]

-- Dick

[1] http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/03/24/is-openid-being-exploited-by-the-big-internet-companies/

[2] http://identity20.com/?p=147