OpenID 2.0 finalization progress

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Fri Oct 19 02:13:51 UTC 2007

I don't see why the two processes need to be any more dependant on
each other then they are already.

Having  a final spec allows everyone with IP to be clear about any
IPR statements they are making. In the IPR policy, participants have
the option to withdraw when a spec is proposed to be final.

I think it is currently embarrassing that we have not made OpenID 2.0
final. The OAuth project started from nothing to a final spec in the
last six months. Now they are dealing with IPR.

I'm not saying the IPR policy is not important, just that we don't
need to deal with these issues serially.

A number of participants are going to sit back until OpenID 2.0 is
final AND the IPR has been settled. Let's at least knock one of these
off and build up some more momentum!

-- Dick

>>> 2. http://openidenabled.com/python-openid/
>>> 3. http://openidenabled.com/php-openid/