Final outstanding issues with the OpenID 2.0 Authenticationspecification

Josh Hoyt josh at janrain.com
Thu May 17 20:49:32 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07, Alaric Dailey <alaricdailey at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  There are 2 issues that I would like to see addressed.
>
> 1. Forcing Encryption, to protect users data en-route.
> 2. Validated assertions, validating certain bits of data with a third party.
>
> I know both of these have come up before, but have met with resistence, I
> would submit that with Sun and AOL supporting OpenID that these issues
> become more important, especially protecting the users data.

There are valid use cases for both of these features, but I think that
they can be addressed in a future release of OpenID. I want to get the
features that are already implemented out to users. Part of what will
be nice about getting 2.0 out is that it will give us more freedom to
start playing with new ideas.

Josh