OpenID 2 RDF Schema Draft [was: RE: Tiny RDF Schema at openid.net?]

Benjamin Nowack bnowack at appmosphere.com
Thu Mar 1 10:41:14 UTC 2007

Hi,

here is a first RDF Schema draft for OpenID 2.0 authentication. *If*
the provider/local_id terms are equivalent to server/delegate, we
could add some additional OWL bits to explicitly state this. Using
OWL's equivalence axioms would mean that every v2-OP is also a v1-IdP
and vice-versa, not sure if that's the case. There are axioms for
non-bi-directional relations (e.g. if any v2-OP can handle v1 auth,
but not necessarily the other way round). It could make sense to
add more terms (e.g. the endpoint URL etc.) to a v2 RDF Schema, I'd
have to read the spec more closely before, though.

Don't know if I mentioned it already, it'd also be possible to directly
embed the RDF Schema in the HTML version via eRDF[1]. This approach
would lead to less pretty term URIs (document URL + # + HTML id),
but removes the need to maintain two separate documents (in case that
is an issue).

Cheers so far,
Ben

[1] http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/wiki/Main/RdfInHtml

On 30.01.2007 11:56:41, Recordon, David wrote:
>I'm not an RDF/OWL expert, though that looks reasonable to me.  How do
>we deal with Auth 1.x which uses openid.server and openid.delegate
>versus Auth 2.0 which uses openid2.provider and openid2.local_id?
>
>--David

>>> 45145 Essen, Germany