The CanonicalID Approach

Recordon, David drecordon at verisign.com
Fri Jun 8 17:48:02 UTC 2007

Hey Johnny,
My understanding, though don't have the appropriate spec reference, is
that the process would be:

1) User enters http://daveman692.livejournal.com
2) RP fetches Yadis doc for http://daveman692.livejournal.com
3) RP sees <CanonicalID> of
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?userid=1356357
3) RP fetches Yadis doc for
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?userid=1356357
4) RP sees <CanonicalID> of
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?userid=1356357 is itself
5) RP sees <Ref> of http://daveman692.livejournal.com and thus has
verified that the pointer goes in both directions

Will have to ask Drummond his thoughts on how fragments would be used,
since this morning it isn't clear to me.

--David