Do We Agree on the Problem We're Trying to Solve?

Recordon, David drecordon at verisign.com
Fri Jun 8 17:35:21 UTC 2007

I'm not sure if we all think we're trying to solve the same problem.
The two problems that have been discussed are:
A) Identifier recycling normally in large user-base deployments.  i.e.
<insert big company> needs a way to give 'TheBestUsernameEver' to a new
user if it has not been used in some period of time.
B) Losing control of your own domain name whether that be via someone
stealing it or just that you don't want to have to pay for it forever.

Have we made a decision as to if we're looking for a solution to solve
both of these problems, only A, or only B?

--David