OpenID Provider Authentication Policy Extension

Recordon, David drecordon at verisign.com
Sat Jul 21 23:43:24 UTC 2007

1) I imagine the URLs will become live at some point. :)

2) I wouldn't mind renaming it to "no-shared-secrets" which can also
have a corresponding less secure policy of "shared-secret-second" or
something like that which means the user provided a shared secret only
after first providing something like a client side certificate.  Also,
the URLs are versioned (by date) which allows their definitions to
evolve.

3) Like the http://schemas.openid.net/pape/policies/2007/06/none
approach, it was required so a RP could tell the difference between a
Provider not supporting the extension in the response versus not using
any policies.

4) Yeah.

Thanks,
--David