Tiny RDF Schema at openid.net?

Benjamin Nowack bnowack at appmosphere.com
Mon Jan 29 18:13:16 UTC 2007

On 29.01.2007 07:53:15, Recordon, David wrote:
>I'd be happy to do it; I think we were talking about using
>xmlns.openid.net/foo as a format.
Awesome :)

>I think the next step would be sending a copy of the RDF file for people
>here to look over. :)

I've attached a draft which contains already some nice2haves (e.g.
the OWL and isDefinedBy bits which may be helpful but are not
strictly necessary), I'm not 100% sure about the prose, and I
guess DanC will have a comment or two as well.

(The resource/about/ID attributes work similar to HTML's href/id,
they use the doc's URL as base, i.e. if the file was published at
<http://xmlns.openid.net/auth>, the full term URIs would be
<http://xmlns.openid.net/auth#server> etc.)

[[[
<?xml version="1.0"?>
  xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#">

  <owl:Ontology rdf:about="">
    <rdfs:label>OpenID Authentication Schema</rdfs:label>
    <owl:versionInfo>2007-01-29</owl:versionInfo>
    <rdfs:comment>
      A basic schema for core OpenID authentication terms.
    </rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Ontology>

  <rdf:Property rdf:ID="server">
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#ObjectProperty"/>
    <rdfs:label>server</rdfs:label>
    <rdfs:comment>
      The OpenID Identity Provider to be used for authentication.
    </rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:isDefinedBy
rdf:resource="http://openid.net/specs/openid-authentication-1_1.html" />
  </rdf:Property>

  <rdf:Property rdf:ID="delegate">
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#ObjectProperty"/>
    <rdfs:label>delegate</rdfs:label>
    <rdfs:comment>
      The delegated OpenID Identifier to be used for authentication.
    </rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:isDefinedBy
rdf:resource="http://openid.net/specs/openid-authentication-1_1.html" />
  </rdf:Property>