Tiny RDF Schema at openid.net?

Benjamin Nowack bnowack at appmosphere.com
Mon Jan 29 10:13:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could be persuaded to host a little
RDF Schema file on the openid.net site. As far as I can tell, there
is great support for OpenID among SemWeb folks as it can be combined
with things like FOAF for all sorts of cool applications.

People recently started to write RDF extractors for the OpenID
hooks embedded in HTML (openid.server/delegate). As these hooks
are in line with the Dublin Core guidelines [1], there are even
multiple ways to do this. The only thing we're missing for more
widespread use is an agreed-on namespace URI for the core openID
terms ("server" and "delegate"). And ideally this would be an
openid.net one. So here is my request: any chance we could put
a little RDF Schema file on the openid server? We would of course
provide the file (it'd be just 5-10 lines of XML), and the actual
URL/path doesn't really matter. An alternative could be to host
it in some other stable URI space, Dan Connolly (CC'd) might be
able to provide one at w3.org, not sure. It would be cool to
get your blessing either way, though.

Cheers in advance for perhaps considering it,
Ben

--
Benjamin Nowack

Kruppstr. 100