Attribute Exchange Schema site

Rowan Kerr rowan at standardinteractive.com
Fri Jan 5 16:24:26 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, Dick Hardt <dick at sxip.com> wrote:
> The Attribute Type model is such that anyone with a domain can define
> new attributes. No need for central control. We created a set of what
> we thought were common attributes, but that does not mean anyone has
> to use them.

Being able to define domain-specific attributes is great. (Made use of
that a while ago). Although a solid base set of attributes is
important so RP's don't have to learn a new attribute for "First Name"
every time they interact with a different OP.

Unless the domain of the attribute is always replaced by the domain of
the OP, and only the path matters... (not quite as nice as having one
official place for a core set of attributes but better than a complete
free for all).

-Rowan