OpenID.net Service Type Namespaces

Recordon, David drecordon at verisign.com
Fri Jan 5 08:49:07 UTC 2007

> This naming scheme doesn't separate out extensions by what they're
> extending. Presumably in future we're going to have other
> non-extension specs (that is, they don't actually use the OpenID
> Authentication request as a transport) which will themselves have
extensions.

> How about,
http://specs.openid.net/authentication/2.0/exten/simplereg/1.0

Hmm, good tough question.  Using SREG as an example, the current 1.1
draft of it works for both Auth 1.1 and 2.0 which thus presents a
different problem.

My current thought, inspired by Johannes' mentality, is that we deal
with the case you brought up when we are presented with it.  Without
having specifics I doubt we'll be able to really deal with the issue
anyway. :-\

--David