OpenID.net Service Type Namespaces

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 08:40:17 UTC 2007

Recordon, David wrote:

> http://specs.openid.net/authentication/2.0/signon
> http://specs.openid.net/authentication/2.0/server
> http://specs.openid.net/authentication/2.0/identifier_select

These seem just fine to me.
(+1, I guess!)

> So very verbose and organized.  There is no need for an xmlns for the
> Auth 2.0 spec itself, since unlike the 1.1 spec which defined
> "OpenID:Delegate" in Yadis, 2.0 takes advantage of the "LocalID" element
> already defined in the XRD schema.

I missed the change to using LocalID. I'm glad to see that change, but
really just because I've always hated the fact that it was called
"Delegate" in Yadis. :)

 > http://specs.openid.net/extensions/ABBREV/VERSION

This naming scheme doesn't separate out extensions by what they're
extending. Presumably in future we're going to have other non-extension
specs (that is, they don't actually use the OpenID Authentication
request as a transport) which will themselves have extensions.

How about,

http://specs.openid.net/authentication/2.0/exten/simplereg/1.0

I've not got my heart set on abbreviating "extensions", but I don't
really like URLs that are longer than one line in a plaintext email
because then people start wrapping them over multiple lines. :)