Attribute Exchange Schema site

Rowan Kerr rowan at standardinteractive.com
Thu Jan 4 20:49:20 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, Dick Hardt <dick at sxip.com> wrote:
> Our proposal was to have the schemas for OpenID hosted at
> schema.openid.net. Some people expressed concerns about having them
> be on openid.net.
>
> Do you have any suggestions? Anyone else have an opinion? Does anyone
> care? ;-)

Being part of the OpenID specs, it would make sense to me to have them
hosted under the OpenID domain. (While a centralized, shared list of
properties would be great in the long run, who knows how long it could
take to get agreement from something like idcommons). Really, I don't
particularly mind if they're even hosted anywhere at the moment as
long as the list of properties is well defined.

We've implemented a OP at my.standardradio.com that supports OpenID 2
and the Draft 1 version of AX properties, and I'm in the middle of
writing documentation for our 3rd party clients on how to work with
our site so I was hoping to be able to update it to the latest version
of the spec before sending out documentation that is already behind
the times.

Failing a solid list of AX Draft 2 properties, is the Draft 1
documentation still online somewhere?

> There is a schema effort over at http://idschemas.idcommons.net/ --
> but discussion over there has been minimal to date, but perhaps this
> can jump start things ...

I'll check that out, I remember when it was announced but never
followed up on how any of that was progressing.

> btw: nice to see a fellow Canuck on the list!

Glad to be here! I've been on for a while but not had cause to jump
into the discussions much. Too busy implementing... :)

-Rowan