[OpenID] Dumb Question: Why isn't http://xri.net/=bobwyman an OpenID?

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Thu Jan 4 09:34:02 UTC 2007

Bob,

>From the report you show, the Yadis diagnostic is doing the correct
resolution call to the xri.net HXRI proxy resolver. So it's sites that have
the pre-Yadis RP libraries that won't yet work with HXRIs (or with any other
Yadis-enable URL for that matter). Those libraries are only looking for the
HTML link elements (I think).

And I completely agree that an XRI in any format - "raw" i-name, with an
xri:// scheme prefix, or with an HXRIs proxy resolver prefix like
http://xri.net <http://xri.net/>  - all need to be interchangeable. You're
right that this will require a slight fix at the i-brokers.

=Drummond

  _____