[OpenID] FW: PROPOSAL: An Extension to transform an EMail Address to an OpenId URL

David Fuelling sappenin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 18:08:28 UTC 2007

Thanks for the positive feedback!

>A couple of suggestions:
> 1) You probably should take a look at the URI Template spec [1].
> These guys have done a lot of the work for you. The spec is still in
> active development and has been blogged about by the author [2], I
> think that they are about to release a new version with some updates.

..<snip>..

> [1]http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-00.txt
> [2]http://bitworking.org/news/URI_Templates

Thanks for the pointer.  After briefly perusing the URI Template spec, it
seems to be a perfect replacement for what I defined in the Email Transform
(ET) extension (I used a '[' and they used a '}', but the idea is the same).

To keep things simple (the ET extension only defines a single replacement
value at present), it seems like rather than including another
specification, I should just edit the ET spec to conform to the URITemplate
proposal.  Of course, I'm always open to other ideas/thoughts.

David