OA2.0d11: Minor nit-pick regarding normalization

Gavin Baumanis gavin.baumanis at rmit.edu.au
Sat Feb 3 05:12:30 UTC 2007

Hi Josh / Martin,

For the sake of an appropriate "short" sentence, is it not appropriate
to include Martin's text (or similar).
Does anyone really want to have read 1/2 a dozen extra specifications
for clarification of a single points that could be simply included in
the OpenID spec? For the sake of allowing me to more easily adopt
OpenID.

Sure  - we MUST have appropriate references, and SHOULD use a "quote"
from the authorative document - if it is clearly understood. If not, I
think it prudent to provide as a plain an English description / example
as is possible.

I have read a few specifications after being asked to
implement/incorporate them into work I was doing here at the university
- but for the most part I ended up throwing out the "spec" and visiting
a wiki or a mailing list - with regards to sourcing information on how
to implement the specification. I can't "ever" remember actually reading
a spec from start to finish for the purpose of implementing it. Used it
as a reference for information I collected elsewhere - most
certainly...

I realise the importance of the SPEC and I understand the technical
space in which they live, but surely we should practice what we preach
- ease of uptake etc in our own documentation?

>>> On Friday, February 02, 2007 at 20:19, in message
<34714aad0702020119h138bc062qc688db331d8e8694 at mail.gmail.com>, "Josh
Hoyt"