PROPOSAL schema.openid.net for AX (and other extensions)

Scott Kveton scott at janrain.com
Mon Apr 9 18:07:51 UTC 2007

> Are you really proposing that we should redefine "First Name" again?
>
> Probably badly, as it has been done >>1 times before? (because previous
> experience in, say, representing the name structure in non-western societies,
> typically doesn't get reused when things get redefined?)
>
> My point, of course, is not about First Name.
>
> What about simply pointing to established definitions where they exist and
> have some market traction, and only inventing new stuff where it doesn't
> exist?

I think Brian is dead-on when he talks about getting involved in some other
community process ... Do we really want to entangle ourselves with that?
Nobody is saying let's re-invent the wheel ... I think its more akin to
'let's steal some hub caps and start from there'.  After all, isn't that the
OpenID way?

- Scott