Fwd: PROPOSAL schema.openid.net for AX (and other extensions)

Douglas Otis dotis at mail-abuse.org
Mon Apr 9 17:58:51 UTC 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 9:45 AM, Brian Hernacki wrote:

> For what it's worth, as an implementer...
>
> I think it makes sense to come to agreement within the OpenID
> community and get something working first. While I appreciate the
> issues involved with having multiple protocols and attribute
> definitions, I worry that if this becomes coupled to other efforts
> it would cause delays. Better to at least come to that table with a
> sound version of what we think "works".
>
> Given that, discussing it here (openid.net) seems natural.

Register profile field names.

Fields placed within a profile should not be affected by additional
requests made by various websites.  Allow each website to query for
additional information when needed.  Establish a registry for profile
field names, and allow users to add to their profile based upon
prescribed fields supported by the OP.

Don't use the OP as a repository for adhoc additional information
that is requested at each site with an intent to share this
information!  This will lead to a greater amount of information being
shared than intended.

Such a feature will surely create compatibility issues, especially
when there are many ways to establishing this dubious feature.

-Doug