PROPOSAL schema.openid.net for AX (and other extensions)

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Sun Apr 8 00:26:17 UTC 2007

On 6-Apr-07, at 6:46 PM, Recordon, David wrote:

> You also could go buy idschemas.org and start there, to be migrated
> later if need be.  I don't really care who owns the domain since the
> wider community will hold the owner to do the right thing, though I'd
> imagine donating it to Identity Commons to hold would be an easy thing
> to do.

I still see no reason to not start using openid.net for the OpenID
Community to start working with.

> Yes, VeriSign is activly developing OpenID 2.0 code in Java
> (http://code.google.com/p/joid/) and evaluating if/when we'll be
> implementing Attribute Exchange alongside Simple Registration.

I'd welcome feedback, suggestions and contributions from VeriSign
individuals if/when they work with Attribute Exchange!

btw: for someone that preaches not reinventing the wheel, why is
VeriSign working on a new Java implementation instead of working with
one of the existing ones like OpenID4Java?