Attribute Exchange 1.0 svn revision 295 review

Josh Hoyt josh at janrain.com
Fri Apr 6 20:41:35 UTC 2007

On 4/6/07, Dick Hardt <dick at sxip.com> wrote:
> I agreed with you previously that the response being able to work
> either way if the request can. Sorry if that was not clear.

Great. That will simplify the code.

Given this change, is there still the need to have the special case
for sending an empty string as a null value? That case can be covered
(explicitly) by using count=0, even if omitting a requested value is
still illegal (see below).

> > Another restriction on the response message is that you have to send
> > requiring the fields with no values to be sent?
>
> I am unclear on what your question is. Would you clarify?

Section 5.2 states:

"A response parameter MUST be sent for each requested attribute alias."

"This enables the RP to know that the OP did process the request."

Does it that the relying party will know that each requested attribute
was processed, or the request as a whole? And what would the relying
party be able to do if it got a response that indicated that the OP
had not processed the request? (send a bug report?)

Josh