Moving AX Forward (WAS RE: SREG namespace URI rollback)

Josh Hoyt josh at janrain.com
Fri Apr 6 17:45:04 UTC 2007

On 4/6/07, Dick Hardt <dick at sxip.com> wrote:
> On 5-Apr-07, at 9:18 AM, Recordon, David wrote:
> > I'm fine with doing things differently, I'm not arguing that a
> > metadata
> > format should not be created, just that IMHO for simplicity sake of
> > reading the AX documents this format description should be merged into
> > the core protocol spec.  If down the road it should be split out
> > then it
> > always can be.
>
> Well, as one of the people that wrote the documents. We decided that
> having separate documents was better. Thanks for sharing your
> opinion. I have a different opinion.

Having started an implementation, I'm glad that metadata is not part
of the core, because metadata is not necessary for a wide range of
applications. I think it will be useful eventually, but I'm glad that
I can implement the core completely without thinking about metadata.
If metadata were part of the core (even optionally!) I might not have
even started writing code.

I do wish that this thread did not contain so much bickering.

Josh