PROPOSAL schema.openid.net for AX (and other extensions)

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Fri Apr 6 17:27:05 UTC 2007

OpenID Attribute Exchange (AX) uses URLs to uniquely identity
attributes. The URLs are resolvable to provide meta data that is both
machine and human readable.

In order to do anything useful with AX, some commons identity
attributes need to be defined.

I would propose that we start off using URLs based off of
schema.openid.net.

The Metadata model has provisions for stating that a given URL is
equivalent to another one, so that if and when a more authoritative
source is available, the schema.openid.net URLs can reference a
source that would be considered more appropriate. ie. we are not
locked forever to the schema.openid.net domain.

Is there a better domain that could be used? Likely, but as a
community we have control over openid.net and we can make this happen
now so that we can move forward with development.

Issues?