Moving AX Forward (WAS RE: SREG namespace URI rollback)

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Fri Apr 6 17:21:40 UTC 2007

On 5-Apr-07, at 9:18 AM, Recordon, David wrote:

>> I don't think this is really that important of a point given all the
>> other things we need to do. People are doing to do things different
>> then you would, but get the same result -- is that ok?
> I'm fine with doing things differently, I'm not arguing that a
> metadata
> format should not be created, just that IMHO for simplicity sake of
> reading the AX documents this format description should be merged into
> the core protocol spec.  If down the road it should be split out
> then it
> always can be.

Well, as one of the people that wrote the documents. We decided that
having separate documents was better. Thanks for sharing your
opinion. I have a different opinion.

>> We wanted to publish them on the website so that other people could
>> look at them, but you did not want to do that, and you control the
> domain.
> Dick, that isn't a fair statement at all.  It is not my decision to
> make
> if schemas.openid.net should be created and the content you're
> proposing
> put there.  I've asked you multiple times to have a conversation on
> this
> list ending in a formal vote (like we've done for many other spec
> decisions) to make this decision.  If I've missed this vote then
> please
> point me at it.

I don't recall you ever actually telling me to have a vote. You
stated you did not want to do it and to find some other home.

I wanted to setup the schemas so that people could see how it worked,
then I could actually get constructive comments back from the list
and have something tangible to vote on.

I have no ideal what the "formal vote" process on OpenID. The only
that I know of that is documented is the process for approving the
OpenID Authentication 2.0 specs.

I'll post a question to the list if that is what you want.