Moving AX Forward (WAS RE: SREG namespace URI rollback)

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Thu Apr 5 16:17:52 UTC 2007

If you would let us put the attributes on the website, then other
people could see them and comment on them.

On 5-Apr-07, at 9:02 AM, Recordon, David wrote:

> I guess I don't see why blaming the ID Schemas project for not much
> happening is a good excuse for not doing it there.

Blame? ... just stating a fact.

> People who care will
> either have to drive this work within the OpenID project or the ID
> Schemas project; I fail to see how the effort required in each differs
> greatly.  In some senses, I think if people gather as part of the ID
> Schemas project and try to move this work forward, it will actually be
> more successful than trying to do it here.

People have not gathered and done work on the ID Schemas project to
date.

People are now gathering on the OpenID list around AX -- so let's use
that momentum.
I stated several reasons why it makes sense to do it here.

> Nothing done by OpenID in the past has intrinsically been easy
> which is
> why I continue to think that something being hard is not a valid
> reason
> to not do the right technical/social thing.  I know that these two
> communities can work together, but the onus is on the OpenID AX
> side to
> make this conversation successful and drive progress.

Oh, so if we add MORE people to the mix it will be easier!!! :-)