Attestation

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Thu Apr 5 16:13:52 UTC 2007

There seem to be at least two variations of attestation if we
differentiate by how quickly the underlying statement (claim, ...)
may change. E.g.

1. long-term: X is a citizen of country Y. If it changes at all, it
takes years.
2. short-term: X is in the same room with me. It changes minute by
minute.

In the first case, we can do things like sign a claim and show that
signed claim every time somebody asks. In the second, we might have
to ask the asserting party in real time?