Updated normalization section to match the upcoming XRI Syntax2.1.

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Thu Apr 5 03:53:26 UTC 2007

>Kevin Turner wrote:
>
>Sorry it took me a few months to notice this, but xri://$dns?  No.  I'm
>referring here to spec rev 274, the diff for which is attached.  Can we
>roll that patch back, please?
>
>I'm not even sure where you're getting an XRI Syntax 2.1 reference from,
>there's not so much as a working draft of it published on the technical
>committee's page at OASIS.
>
>Thanks,
>
> =keturn

Kevin,

At the time David and I discussed that change I thought the first XRI Syntax
2.1 WD would be published shortly. Now it's clear it won't be out until
after the f2f meeting of the XRI TC at the OASIS Symposium week after next.

I agree it should not be in there until XRI Syntax 2.1 goes into public
review, which is likely to be late May or early June.

BTW, in the stage before Working Drafts, the TC publishes issues/proposals
on its wiki. You can see the full index of issues/proposals for XRI Syntax
2.1, XRI Resolution 2.0 Working Draft 11, and XRI $ Dictionary 2.0 on the TC
wiki home page at:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri

The $dns syntax is covered on two pages:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/DictionaryStructure is the
listing of XRI $ Dictionary entries.

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/GlobalXrefs has the proposed
$dns, $ip, and $(http://*) and $(https://*) resolution rules.

We'd love to get feedback from you or anyone in the OpenID community if you
have time to look them over. OTOH, I fully understand if you want to wait
until the Working Drafts are out. I'll be sure to send a notice to the list.

=Drummond