Promoting OpenID

McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) James.McGovern at thehartford.com
Tue Apr 3 21:09:26 UTC 2007

Imagine the waves through the technology community when end-customers stand up and preach how to code to vendors. Sadly, I am only outlining the problem space in hopes that others could step up and run with it. I think it would be appropriate for me to participate in panel discussions at upcoming industry conferences where folks from other verticals could observe the conversation but I wouldn't be permitted to have that type of interaction with vendors as NDA's, code of conduct and other situations would arise.

Verisign as an organization has the best characteristics in terms of satisfying this need. Now, it is a matter of whether Verisign truly wants OpenID to be big or whether they are simply dabbling. Promotion could be as simple as putting more information about user-centric approaches on the Verisign homepage.