Promoting OpenID

McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) James.McGovern at thehartford.com
Mon Apr 2 15:15:08 UTC 2007

As an end-user to user-centric approaches, I have noticed an interesting pattern. Microsoft does a wonderful job of selling Cardspace as a solution to others who develop in Microsoft languages. Likewise, there are tons of vendors that can offer solutions for large enterprises to purchase but no one is promoting user-centric approaches to the vendors us large enterprises do business with in terms of getting them to embrace user-centric approaches within their own code base. Sure, we can as consumers raise awareness, but I would like to understand thoughts on other than procurement, how could we make this more pervasive?

Is anyone here working with vendors in the ERP, CRM, ECM, BPM or VRM spaces such that user-centric identity is built into their product?

destroy all copies.