SREG namespace URI rollback

Johnny Bufu johnny at sxip.com
Tue Apr 3 00:06:24 UTC 2007

After a chat with Josh, we settled our dispute by agreeing on the
following:

On 2-Apr-07, at 2:44 PM, Josh Hoyt wrote:
> I think it would be reasonable to always use "sreg", if for no other
> reason than for clarity, but re-using the Type URI as the namespace
> alias instead of creating a new one does not imply that the alias must
> be "sreg" when using OpenID 2.
>
> What if I put my proposal this way:
>
> If Simple Registration is used with OpenID 1, the arguments MUST be
> prefixed with "openid.sreg." If Simple Registration is used with
> OpenID 2, the arguments MUST be in the namespace
> "http://openid.net/sreg/1.0"

The first bit allows a implementation of SREG1.1/OpenID2 to be
seamlessly used in "compatibility mode" with OpenID1 messages, which
(together with the last two items in the proposal) would eliminate
the conflicts I was pointing out.

Johnny