Features for Future Versions

Chasen, Les les.chasen at neustar.biz
Mon Apr 2 18:48:46 UTC 2007

I also agree with the feedback however I wanted to just pass along how I
am using authentication and authorization on a series of applications
that I am working on.

I have a couple of applications that use standard openid authentication
using XRDS documents but they also require the user to be authorized to
use particular resources.  In most cases authorization can be
accomplished by profile data in a local database.  In my case, though,
the authorization comes from data in a third party database.   I could
have each application just write code via some API to the third party
data source but I also want to provide for this capability to be
federated to multiple trusted sources.  I am therefore taking advantage
of the service end point selection capability described in the XRI
resolution spec at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17293.

contact: =les
sip: =les/(+phone)
chat: =les/skype/chat

Behalf
> Of Drummond Reed
> Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 2:26 PM
> To: 'Dick Hardt'; 'McGovern, James F ((HTSC, IT))'
> Cc: specs at openid.net
> Subject: RE: Features for Future Versions
>
> James,
>
> I agree with Dick's feedback. I don't believe OpenID, as an overall
> Internet
> identity framework, is subject to either limitation you asked about.
But