Request for comments: Sorting fields in signature generation

Marius Scurtescu marius at sxip.com
Wed Sep 27 19:29:51 UTC 2006

On 27-Sep-06, at 12:18 PM, Josh Hoyt wrote:

> On 9/27/06, Marius Scurtescu <marius at sxip.com> wrote:
>> It is quite common (and natural) to use multi-valued fields for check
>> boxes and multi select list boxes.
>
> But browsers (the things that do HTML form submission) will not be
> generating OpenID messages. OpenID libraries will be doing that. So
> check boxes and multi-select list boxes are entirely irrelevant to the
> content of OpenID messages.

True.

All I am saying is that if you find lists (multi-valued parameters)
useful when you model your forms you may also find them useful when
you model your extensions. All the data that you move through OpenID
will be entered/edited through forms somewhere and having a direct
mapping between the data that sites in general deal with and the
format used by OpenID is a big plus.

Marius