Request for comments: Sorting fields in signature generation

Marius Scurtescu marius at sxip.com
Wed Sep 27 00:00:28 UTC 2006

On 26-Sep-06, at 4:53 PM, Josh Hoyt wrote:

> On 9/26/06, Marius Scurtescu <marius at sxip.com> wrote:
>> You can use either HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA or reading from
>> php://input, this gives you the url encoded list of parameters.
>> Parsing this is trivial.
>>
>> I would guess that there is a work around for Ruby on Rails as well.
>
> But why make people do that?

Those people will be only implementors of OpenID libraries, not a
huge crowd, right? Also, it may not be that hard to implement (I
could be wrong on this).

Multiple parameters with the same name are quite common (PHP uses
them a lot but with its own syntax) and I would rather not introduce
a limitation like this unless there is a very good reason.

Check boxes and multiple selection list boxes for example are
implemented using multi value parameters.

Marius