Announcing OpenID Attribute Properties Draft 1

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Mon Sep 25 21:59:49 UTC 2006

I thought we had consensus that Drummond and I owned the vocabularies/
ontologies/schema/whatever-we-call-it action item?

We've come up with something rather beautiful (I think ;-)) that
avoids a gap between XDI, LID and DIX (or whatever the latter is
called these days) while not re-inventing the vocabulary wheel as you
seem to be proposing.

I'm surprised that you are submitting this draft today because I
believe it had been 1) Sxip's view that we don't need a minimal
vocabulary for OpenID 2.0 at all, and 2)  it had been the consensus
at our in-person meeting the day before DIDW that this action item
was owned by Drummond and me.

To quote from the meeting notes:

On Sep 25, 2006, at 13:51, Barry Ferg wrote:

> The first draft of the OpenID Attribute Properties specification has
> been posted to
> "http://openid.net/specs/openid-attribute-properties-
> list-1_0-01.html".
>
> OpenID Attribute Exchange
> ("http://openid.net/specs/openid-attribute-exchange-1_0-02.html") is a
> service for OpenID that enables transport of personal identity
> information. This document provides a list of standard attribute
> property names for use with the attribute exchange service.
>
> Other attribute types may be defined elsewhere; this list serves as a
> basic standard reference.

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.