Yet Another Delegation Thread

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Wed Oct 25 04:49:01 UTC 2006

The RP can't trust state that it has sent to the IdP since the
message may have been modified in transit between the RP and the IdP.

Perhaps someone can explain what state needs to be maintained? And if
the RP wants to put state in the message, I thought we had that as
data in the return_to? The RP likely needs to sign that in some
manner to know that it was not modified as well.

-- Dick

On 24-Oct-06, at 5:21 PM, Recordon, David wrote:

> What I wrote up doesn't allow a RP to have the information it needs to
> maintain state is my understanding.
>
> --David

>>> for BOTH the RP and IdP doing the mapping. In other words, even