OpenID Login Page Link Tag (was RE: PROPOSAL: OpenID Form Clarification (A.4))

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Sat Oct 21 23:03:30 UTC 2006

Chris, thanks for the answer, but I'm afraid I'm just as confused as
before. I think I don't understand your scenario. So:
1) User navigates to a relying party
2) Browser++ (i.e. browser with some kind of extension) detects the
fact that this a relying party (and the means by which that occurs is
the subject of this discussion)
3) Browser++ shows some kind of user interface that's implemented by
the browser++ instead of the relying party for identity selection etc.
4) User fills out whatever needs filling out / approving etc. in the
browser++ user interface
5) Browser++ submits (e..g HTTP POST) to relying party at the right URL

Did I get this right? I must be missing something, though, given the
constraints you are listing?

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.