[PROPOSAL] Handle "http://user at example.com" Style Identifiers

Jonathan Daugherty cygnus at janrain.com
Fri Oct 20 18:57:04 UTC 2006

# It might create some confusion depending on the audience.  For the
# audience that doesn't run their own web server, or have their own
# blog, it might be confusing to enter a URI.

By confusion, I mean entering something that looks like an email but
probably isn't, and trying to figure out just what the relationship
between email-looking things and email addresses really is.  And
seeing an RP render an email-like thing with "http://" on the front
and "/" on the end.  The biggest subset of our prospective audience is
the one that is not going to readily understand this, and that is
going to create a lot of confusion.

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  JanRain, Inc.