Question: multiple IdPs?

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 07:24:12 UTC 2006

Dick Hardt wrote:
> Forgive my lack of Yadis configuration expertise, but is this
> something that your average blogger can add to their WP or MT blog?

As long as the user's IdP is explicitly setting openid:Delegate in their
Yadis document, they should simply be able to point their
X-Yadis-Location at, say http://user.livejournal.com/data/yadis [1] and
have things work without having to write a Yadis document.

Of course, their WP or MT blog will then inherit all of the service
declarations exposed by the IdP, some of which might not be as easily
"delegatable" as OpenID is.

(This cross-domain linking is another reason why openid:Delegate should
be required, incidentally.)

[1] LiveJournal doesn't actually explicitly set openid:Delegate, so it
is perhaps a bad example. This can be fixed if it proves worthwhile, though.