Consolidated Delegate Proposal

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Tue Oct 10 19:57:06 UTC 2006

On 10-Oct-06, at 11:54 AM, Josh Hoyt wrote:

> On 10/10/06, Dick Hardt <dick at sxip.com> wrote:
>> > RP user id is the identifier by which the relying party knows the
>> > user.
>> This is the one that the user gave the RP?
>
> For URL identifiers, it is the supplied identifer, normalized, after
> following redirects. In essence, it's the user's chosen identifier.
>
> For XRI identifers, it's the canonical ID (i-number).

This comment led me to want to make sure I understand the
requirements of XRI.

Q: why would the RP not want the i-name to come back rather then the
i-number?

The i-number can be derived from the i-name. The i-name is what is
user visible. The IdP will make sure the i-name the user is
presenting resolves to the i-number the user has presented in the past.

Am I missing something?