[PROPOSAL] bare response / bare request

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Sat Oct 7 01:14:02 UTC 2006

>>On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 16:34 -0700, Drummond Reed wrote:
>> Let me play the dumb customer here and say:
>>
>> * A whole lot of real-world users would love OpenID-enabled bookmarks.
>> * A whole lot of websites would love to offer them.
>> * A whole lot of IdPs would love to provide them.
>
>Kevin Turner wrote:
>
>Okay Customer, if both websites and IdPs would love it, is it okay if
>it's something that websites + IdPs can layer on top of the core?  If
>some sites chose not to, and the IdP said "login bookmark not available
>for this site", would that be okay?

I guess so. The test I would apply is: "If the basic protocol makes it easy
to layer on -- in a fashion that will be intereoperable by all RPs and IdPs
that support it", then yes, it's okay to let it be layered on.

If the basic protocol makes it tricky to implement, and thus not likely to
be interoperable between the RPs and IdPs that want to do it, that's not
okay.

Does that help?

=Drummond