IdP-initiated authentication & OpenID-enabled bookmarks

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Fri Oct 6 19:30:30 UTC 2006

In a conversation with Chris Drake, I realized that I don't know
definitively if IdP-initiated login is supported in OpenID Authentication
2.0.

In other words, can a user just login to their IdP/i-broker, lthen follow
"OpenID-enabled bookmarks" they have stored there to be directly logged in
to sites where the user has logged in before?

If so, this "bookmark your OpenID login" feature could become very popular
at IdPs/i-brokers.

(I suspect this may be part of the "bare message" thread but I confess as to
not being fully up-to-speed on that issue.)

=Drummond