[PROPOSAL] Separate Public Identifier from IdP Identifier

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Fri Oct 6 02:07:10 UTC 2006

I like making all identifiers work the same way. The wording around
directed identity is somewhat confusing. Would be clearer if there
was a complete description of what happened. ie. complete the
transaction. In Directed Identity, the RP needs to do discovery on
the identifier provided to make sure the IdP is authoritative for it.

I think "Token" is not a good name, so many other meanings. Perhaps
"handle"?

-- Dick