Questions about OpenID Attribute Properties Draft 1

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Wed Oct 4 00:39:27 UTC 2006

On 3-Oct-06, at 2:01 PM, Frank I. Reiter wrote:

> Barry Ferg wrote:
>> The first draft of the OpenID Attribute Properties specification has
>> been posted to
>> "http://openid.net/specs/openid-attribute-properties-
>> list-1_0-01.html".
>>
> Perhaps some of this has been discussed to death already,
> somewhere, and
> if so please forgive me.  Here are a few questions that come to
> mind as
> I read this spec.
>
> Why are address elements grouped by type rather than by address?  (IE,
> why is it contact/postalcode/home rather than contact/home/postalcode?

that way you can have contact/postalcode if you don't care

> Why are email addresses listed under Internet (/contact/internet/
> email)
> but IM and web based contact information is not?

that is strange, I thought they were under Internet

> Did you consider personal/business/etc. email addresses?
> Classifying my
> email addresses this way is at least as important to me as classifying
> my telephone numbers this way.

Agree that you will have multiple email, but we saw that level of
categorization happening at the persona level rather then at the
schema level.

Few sites ask for more then one email, but you are often asked for
multiple phone and address.

Does that make sense?

btw: thanks for the comments and suggestions, keep them coming!