Question: multiple IdPs?

Mike Glover mpg4 at janrain.com
Wed Oct 18 11:13:05 PDT 2006

I think this will fall down when the RP tries to validate the authentication response.  From the 2.0-10 spec, section 8.3.3:

A <LINK> tag MUST be included with attributes "rel" set to "openid.server", and "href" set to an IdP Endpoint URL

which you would have to torture hideously to interpret as permitting more than one openid.server line.  You might get an RP that will look at more than one, but that behavior is certainly not required by the spec (nor should it be, IMO).

-mike